The Prayer of Petition to St. Rita says that if she answers a prayer you must "make known [her] favor and . . . glorify God for His gift." Well, St. Rita has answered this prayer so I'd like to say in public and for the record: thank you.
Now, we need your help one more time:
Glorious St. Rita, Patroness of those in need, your intercession with our Lord is most powerful. Through the favors obtained by your prayers, you have been called advocate of hopeless and even impossible cases. St. Rita, humble and pure, patient and compassionate lover of Christ Crucified, we have confidence that everyone who has recourse to you will find comfort and relief.
Listen to our petitions and show your power with God on our behalf. Obtain our petitions for us if they are for the greater honor of God and for our good. We promise, if our petitions are granted, to make known your favor and to glorify God for His gift. Relying on your power with the Merciful Savior, we ask of you:
Please help heal seven-year-old James Delorey of South Bar, Nova Scotia. Although he has been found, he is not well; he needs your love and support if he is going to recover. Please grant James the strength to survive until his wounds heal and guide the doctors who treat him to evaluate his injuries properly and provide the proper treatment.
By the singular merits of your childhood, obtain our request for us:
- By your perfect union with the Divine Will.
- By your acceptance of troubles in your married life.
- By the anguish felt at the murder of your husband.
- By the surrender of your children rather than have them offend God.
- By your miraculous entrance into the convent.
- By your daily penance and fasting.
- By your courage and joy in bearing the mark of the Crucified Savior.
- By the Devine Love which consumed your life.
- By your devotion in receiving the Blessed Sacrament.
- By the happiness you felt in leaving this life for union with Christ.
- By the example you have given to people of every state of life.
Heavenly Father, in Your infinite love and mercy, You heed the prayer of Your beloved servant Rita. You graciously grant favors through her intercession which are considered impossible to human skill and effort. Relying on her compassionate love, we ask You to assist us in our trials and difficulties. Let unbelievers know that You are helper of the humble, the defender of the weak and the strength of those who trust in You.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.